I was talking to my mom the other day, and she mentioned she has a hard time not eating a little bit of chocolate every day. The good news is we don’t have to deprive ourselves of this awesome superfood! There are so many benefits to adding in raw cacao to our diets, but for now, let’s got on to the good stuff! This recipe is packed with plant protein deliciousness and is super easy to make.
(Makes about 12 1-inch balls)
- ½ cup plain hemp protein powder (Living Harvest or Nutiva recommended)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen (optional- not for strict vegans)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened dark cocoa powder or raw cacao
- 2 tablespoons raw honey, maple syrup, or coconut nectar
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
COMBINE YOUR INGREDIENTS
Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl. Add wet ingredients to the bowl and mix thoroughly until well combined. Use a large spoon or tablespoon to scoop batter and roll into balls.
You can serve as is or refrigerate before serving.