*this post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
It’s January, and you know what that means- everyone is jumping on the healthy train (at least for a little bit, right?)! Juicing is great to help detox after the holidays and is wonderful for rejuvenating your system.
You don’t have to go on a liquid fast to get the benefits either- just a glass in the morning will do!
The Expense of Juicing
One thing I’ve noticed is that much of the juicing advice is for a solo experience. If you have a large family, you may have said to yourself that you can’t afford to “DIY”.
After all, feeding a group of people can get pricey. And when you are sending all that produce through the ringer, many folks simply pass on juicing.
If you are serving more than a party of one, I’m going to show you some simple ways you can save money AND still get the benefits of juicing. Especially if you have a little one, providing her with fresh juice is always going to be a better option than the bottled jug of sugar water.
If you are pressed for cash, try these simple tips:
- Shop seasonally. Depending on the month, fruits and vegetables will fluctuate in price. Carrots, celery, and green leafy vegetables are less expensive in the winter (and excellent for juicing!).
- Check out what is seasonal and save money!
- Shop sales. Pull out your weekly flyer and see what the store is getting rid of. You can easily grab fruits (like apples!) for a fraction of the cost.
- Stock up. When you do get something on the cheap, get a lot of it! Your juice doesn’t have to be complicated- in fact, the simpler, the better.
Need a good recommendation on a juicer? I used to have one that made me grind my teeth as it poorly ground my veggies, but then I got my hands on a Dash Juicer. This has worked out really well for me- I’ve had it for over about two years and I’ve never had any problems. It’s easy to use and comes apart nicely to clean. You can check it out on Amazon here.
More posts on Beautifully Bohemian about juicing:
- “30 Days Green” Results: How I Feel After Going Green for One Month
- My Resolutions for 2014
- A Juicy Journey
Do you have any tips on juicing for large families? Share in the comments below!
Start Healthy Plant-Based Habits Today!
Hey mama! Get blog posts and fun announcements in your email inbox, PLUS get FREE ACCESS to "5 Grocery Store Medicinal Herbs That Can Improve Your Health TODAY" when you join the Boho mailing list!