I’m not a big social media fan- I’d rather spend my free time writing or playing with my kids, or hell, stuffing my face with something delicious. My pet peeve of the social media driven world? Facebook. My goodness people, if we could have one conversation in the real world without mentioning Facebook, that would be great! “No I didn’t see your post. Yes, I’m aware that I haven’t posted pics of my kids in a while…yes, that sounds like a funny meme.” All this being said, the one social media I DO enjoy? Instagram. It’s the only platform besides my blog that I put effort and time into. Probably because number one: most of the people I converse with are not from my “real life” and two: it’s simple and fun. I can reach way more people and I can have better conversations.
Despite my love/hate relationship with social media, recently I took on a 20 facts challenge.
It was going swimmingly until…my phone had a heart attack from TMI and shut down. EPIC FAIL.
And so, without further ado, I give you 20 facts about me.
This can be super helpful if you are my nemesis and want to crack the code to sabotage me…or if you are bored and need something COMPELLING and EXCITING to read while you scroll through your phone during a commercial break. Either way, I hope this satisfies your needs.
- I am 31 years of age. Fascinating, right?
- I got pregnant with my twin daughters at 19. I had them via c-section when I was 20, and I was scared shitless that I was going to screw up parenting.
- I dropped out of high school. I went back to finish when my daughters were 1, to prove that I really wasn’t a screw up. I was scared, but I did it anyway.
- I did the whole school/marriage/children thing backwards. First comes kids, then comes school, then comes marriage. I wed the father of my children (who was also my high school sweetheart) when my girls were two. And yes, we still love each other, probably more now than back then! We will celebrate our 10 years in 2016.
- Three months before I got married, a friend of mine committed suicide. Since then, I have experienced multiple suicides/deaths (including the loss of my brother in law in 2012). I also lost my 16 year old cousin in a car accident (the driver was texting). All of this was very traumatizing, and it’s taken a long time to work through my grief.
- I owned my first business when I was 17.
- I experienced my first failed business when I was 18.
- I was artistic from a very young age. As a result, I was bullied for my talent all the way through high school (one time someone ran over my portfolio with their car…on purpose). But that didn’t stop me from being an artist- I did it anyway.
- I struggled with substance abuse and addiction issues for over 10 years. I am now a happy and healthy soul. I learned that the power to change comes from inside- all healing comes from within. This is why my focus on Beautifully Bohemian is always about conscious living. Transformation occurs when we live consciously with love.
- In 2003, I made the longest film in my schools history (to that date). It was a 30 minute comedic film based on 1950’s sitcoms. Youtube did not exist! I had to pop in a VHS to show people LOL. I wanted to be a director, and had planned on going to film school.
- My college of choice rejected me. They didn’t except credits from the high school program I finished from. Yet strangely enough they would have accepted GED. Go figure.
- My goals shifted when I decided to homeschool. I wanted my children to have a good education and not end up in the same system I had. So, I quit my job to stay at home with them. Best decision ever. I was scared, but I did it anyway.
- I worked in television as a jewelry model. It was not glamorous.
- I started posting videos on Youtube in 2010. I was scared, but I did it anyway.
- Beautifully Bohemian began with a feeling, not a vision. I wrote a cookbook, and I put it online. I was scared, but I did it anyway.
- I had my third child in a horse trough in my bedroom, with no drugs. I used hypnosis. Yes, I was scared, but I trusted my team and my heart, and I did it anyway.
- I have been vegan for about 5 years. Many people think it’s impossible, but I grew up on happy meals just like everyone else. It was liberating to make a connection to what was on my plate and to choose a more compassionate way of life. Animals are living things, not products to be used as Saturday night dinners.
- I am a Certified Angel Card Reader. When I traveled to get my certification, it was not met with complete support. I went because it was where I felt God was guiding me. I was scared, but I did it anyway. Using angel cards has brought positivity and clarity into my life.
- I recently launched my Intuitive Life Coaching Services. This was a huge step for me! I was a little nervous, but I did it anyway. I believe I can help others from a place of authenticity. I enjoy holding a safe space for others and encouraging them to grow!
- It is my dream to become a published author, and I’m currently working on my first fiction book. I’m scared, but I’m doing it anyway!!! I also want to own a healing center for children one day, which offers alternative forms of healing and hosts camps during the summer!
- I believe everyone has the power to change for the better. As I said, all healing starts within. I came from a background of feeling worthless. I used substances to ease the pain, only to find that the power rested in my own mind and heart. Anytime I felt drawn to do something, I felt the fear BUT DID IT ANYWAY- life happens one step out of your comfort zone. I believe that God has always had a plan for me, and even though I suffered for a long time, through it I have learned to love myself and follow my intuition. I’m proud of myself, and I love myself.
How has your life made you stronger? Share in the comments below:)